3 ON 3 TOURNAMENT
MPAC BATTLE GROUNDS 3 ON 3 RULES
1. Each game will be to 21 points. The team must win by only one point.
2. Teams score by either regular two-point baskets, or by three-point shots taken from outside the three-point circle.
3. After a basket has been scored or a foul called, a player must put the ball in play from a line past the three point line above the foul key.
4. All held balls will be put into play behind the three point line with possession given alternately to each team.
5.On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the three point line before a basket may beattempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
6. Any player may convert an offensive rebound.
7. After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
8. Fouls will be called by participating players. A foul called in the act of shooting will result in either two or three points being awarded to
the team which was fouled, depending on where the player was fouled. A non-shooting foul will result in the award of one point to the
offended team. There is no bonus situation for fouls.
9. The three second free throw lane rule will apply to all offensive players.
10. Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play.
11. There are no time outs.
12. Time will not be stopped to discuss any call.
13. If the game ends in a tie after regulation time there will be a two minute overtime period. Possession will be determined by a coin toss.
14. Ties at the end of any overtime period will result in successive one minute periods until the tie has been broken, with possession alternating each overtime period.